- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, Ina May Gaskin
- Rediscovering Birth, Sheila Kitzinger
POSTNATAL AND BREASTFEEDING:
- What Mothers Do, Naomi Stadlen
- Nurturing New Families, Naomi Kemeny
- The Food of Love, Kate Evans
- Dr Sears' books
- BabyCalm, Sarah Ockwell Smith
- What Every Parent Needs to Know, Margot Sunderland
- The Baby Sense Secret, Megan Faure
- The No Cry Sleep Solution, Elizabeth Pantley
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, La Leche League
- The Gentle Sleep Book, Sarah Ockwell Smith
- http://www.nct.org.uk/birth – evidence based articles and information
- http://babycentre.co.uk (referenced articles)
Also fabulous (and constantly updated) is www.oneworldbirth.net with experts on birth from around the world talking, and the great 60 second doula clips talking you through all the questions about birth you have not yet asked...!
And for those positive birth stories so lacking in our present birth culture: http://tellmeagoodbirthstory.com
Positive Birth Movement meetup in Clapham, first Tues of the month
- http://www.5lovelanguages.com will give you an insight into how you most naturally like to receive love (and therefore how you most likely to express it even if your partner 'speaks another language') Take the test!
- watch this wonderful clip on 'bonding' and having a 'baby moon' with your baby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQdgdOBa1S8&feature=youtube_gdata
www.homebirth.org.uk - an excellent site. There is a free homebirth support group for people thinking about homebirth options run by the volunteers on the 3rd Monday of every month - see https://www.facebook.com/HomebirthKingston.
Dr Jack Newman - www.breastfeedinginc.ca
Analytical Armadillo - www.analyticalarmadillo.co.uk
Breastfeeding Network - www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk - especially leaflets on expressing breastmilk and drugs whilst breastfeeding, including the number for the Drugs in Breastmilk Helpline
Information about baby sleep rhythms and safe bedsharing: www.isisonline.org.uk
OTHER LOCAL SERVICES/PRACTITIONERS
Homeopath in Southfields – Janice Everitt www.homeopathyathome.co.uk
Cranial Osteopath in New Malden – Lisa Gibbs www.lisagibbs.co.uk
Nurturing childcare on flexible basis - Club Creche - www.clubcreche.co.uk
Mindfulness and self-development - www.rabbitholeschool.org.uk
Neighbourhood Midwives - www.neighbourhoodmidwives.co.uk
Here you will find all the links and resources we think might be useful to you. We support local businesses who follow our ethos and are happy to share useful information.